Supermicro® Highlights Ultra, TwinPro, and FatTwin SuperServer Platforms Optimized for VMware vSphere 6 and Virtual SAN 6 at VMware Partner Exchange
Server and Storage Platforms Accelerate Deployment of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure for Hyperscale, SDDC, IaaS and Public, Private Cloud Service
San Jose, CA, February 2, 2015 - Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing will highlight its broad range of server, storage and networking platforms optimized for hyper-converged infrastructure at VMware Partner Exchange 2015 this week in San Francisco, CA. New solutions are configured to take maximum advantage of VMware vSphere 6 and VMware Virtual SAN 6 functionality delivering turnkey solutions that accelerate deployment and ease management and maintenance of hyper-scale virtualized environments. Headlining the company’s exhibits will be the 1U/2U Ultra series SuperServers for general purpose virtual compute, 2U TwinPro²™ VMware EVO: RAIL™ appliance, 4U FatTwin™ Virtual SAN Ready Nodes, and 2U vGPU-capable High-Speed Ultra Server featuring up to 4x NVIDIA® GRID™ K2 GPUs. The 7U VMware certified SuperBlade®, supporting up to 30x hot-swap NVMe or 20x NVIDIA GRID K2 GPUs, will also be highlighted, including a blade-based direct-attached JBODs solution, managing externally connected disk enclosures for leveraging existing investments in blade-based architectures.
“Supermicro is defining the next generation hardware platform for hyper-converged infrastructure with the widest range of compute and storage platforms optimized for any specific virtualization application,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Our Ultra, TwinPro, FatTwin and SuperBlade solutions feature Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 CPUs, DDR4, hot-swap NVMe, virtualized GPUs and high efficiency digital power supplies. They are ideal for Virtual SAN hybrid or all-flash deployments. With their unique characteristics, they improve data center performance, bring down overall TCO and future-proof customer investments in hyper-converged infrastructure deployments for SDDC, IaaS and Public Private Cloud services environments.”
“With the release of VMware vSphere 6 and VMware Virtual SAN 6 we completed two major steps forward in the realization of our vision for the software-defined data center, enabling the next generation of hyper-converged infrastructure,” said Todd Surdey, vice president, Strategic Alliances and Emerging Partners, VMware. “Supermicro is focused on bringing the latest technologies to market fully tested and validated for our hyper-converged infrastructure solutions. Through strategic partnerships, we can deliver a complete virtualized compute, storage, network, and management platforms featuring increased performance and scalability to support our mutual customers’ most challenging business-critical applications.”
- Supermicro Ultra Servers
- NVMe Solution – 2U Ultra SuperServer® (SYS-6028U-TNR4T+) dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1.5TB ECC DDR4 2133MHz in 24x DIMMs, 6x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots (4x FH, 10.5" L, 1x LP, 1x Internal LP), 4x 10GBase-T ports, 12x hot-swap 3.5” drive bays, default 8x SATA3 and 4x NVMe ports, optional 12x SAS3 12Gb/s ports
- GPU Solution – 2U SYS-6028UX-TR4 – Dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 160W), 16x DIMMs, 12x 3.5” Hot-Swap Bays (10x SATA3/SAS3) optional 4x NVMe via AOC, 8x PCI-E expansion slots (1x PCI-E x16 FHFL w/GPU Support, 5x PCI-E x8 FHFL, 1x PCI-E x8 LP, 1x PCI-E x8 LP Internal), 2x 10G SFP+ ports, Redundant 1000W Titanium Level Power Supplies, Hyper-Speed hardware acceleration technology
- Supermicro VMware EVO: RAIL Appliance (SYS-2028TR-VRL001/002) (www.supermicro.com/EVO_RAIL) – 2U TwinPro², 4 nodes, redundant hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies, 14.4TB raw capacity with 10K RPM drives and built in caching with SSD, RJ45 (VRL001 model) or SFP+ (VRL002 model) networking connectivity. Software Bundle includes vSphere, Virtual SAN and vCenter components. Supports up to 100 general purpose server virtual machines or 250 virtual desktop machines per appliance.
- Supermicro VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes (www.supermicro.com/VSAN) – 4U FatTwin™ (SYS-F628R3-VSN002L) 4x nodes, each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 512GB memory, 33.6TB 10K RPM HDDs, 10GbE SFP+, VMware vSphere 6, VMware Virtual SAN 6. Supports up to 250 virtual machines or 400 VDI VM.
- Supermicro 7U SuperBlade®
- (SBI-7128R-C6N) supporting dual Intel® E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB DDR4 memory, up to 6x hot-swap 12Gb/s SAS3 SSD/HDD (3 can be NVMe), 2x 1GbE and 2x 10GbE, FCoE or FDR-10 IB
- (SBI-7127RG-E) supporting dual Intel® E5-2600 v2, 2x NVIDIA K80/K40/K20/K10 or GRID K2/K1 GPUs or Intel Xeon Phi, up to 512GB DDR3 memory, 2x 1GbE and 2x 10GbE, FCoE, or FDR-10 IB
- Supermicro 6U MicroBlade (MBE-628E-820) – Up to 28x hot-plug modules each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, 8x 288-pin DDR4 DIMM sockets up to 128GB VLP RDIMM, 2x 2.5” 6Gb/s SATA3 HDD/SSD, 1x SATA DOM on board, GbE Switch / Pass-Through Module per chassis, two hot-plug MBM-GEM-001 (IntelFM5224) with 56x 1Gbps downlinks; 2x 40Gbps QSFP or 8x 10Gbps SFP+ uplinks and 1Gbps RJ45, two hot-plug Chassis Management Modules (CMM) providing remote KVM and IPMI 2.0 functionalities (not included in the enclosure), up to eight hot-swap High-efficiency 2000W, N+N or N+N redundant power supplies, up to 196 Xeon® DP nodes (5488 cores) per 42U Rack with 94% Cable reduction
- Supermicro NVIDIA® GRID™ vGPU SuperServer® (SYS-1028GR-TRT) – Dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, DDR4 2133MHz in16x DIMMs, up to 3x NVIDIA GRID K2 GPUs supporting up to 48x concurrent users, dual 10GBase-T ports, 4x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 drive bays, 1600W Redundant Platinum Level high efficiency (95%+) digital power supplies.
- Supermicro 2U SuperStorage (SSG-6028R-E1CR12N) – supports dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1.5TB ECC DDR4, up to 1866MHz; 24x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 3x PCI-E 3.0 x8 (Low-profile), Quad 10GBase-T ports, 12x hot-swap 3.5” SAS3/SATA3 HDD bays, hardware RAID controller and JBOD expansion (RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60)
Visit Supermicro at VMware Partner Exchange in San Francisco, CA, February 3-5 at Moscone Center West. For more information on Supermicro’s complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
For complete information on SuperServer® solutions from Supermicro, visit www.supermicro.com.
Follow Supermicro on Facebook and Twitter to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green®” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
VMware, vSphere, VMware Virtual SAN and VMware EVO: RAIL are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Super Micro Computer, Inc.
This press release is also available in the following languages: